Avalanche Weekly Recap Week 50 (8/12 – 16/12)
This week there is information about important partnerships and there are some integration announcements of projects in this ecosystem. Here is our weekly recap.
- Trader Joe will de deploying Liquidity Book onto Arbitrum
- DeFi Kingdoms: Serendale will be relaunching on Klaytn
- Yeti announces new Product Launch: Peg Stability Module (PSM)
- Alibaba chooses Avalanche as its first Node as a Service solution
- Coinbase launched the ability to trade native USDC on Avalanche
Although the on-chain indicators are not very positive, the Avalanche ecosystem is experiencing strong development, collaborating with large organizations. Alpha projects on the system are expanding to other ecosystems.
Trader Joe will deploying Liquidity Book onto Arbitrum
Arbitrum is the leading Ethereum Layer-2 scaling solution, developed by Offchain Labs. The Arbitrum ecosystem is packed with progressively innovative protocols, as well as having presence from many industry leading DeFi protocols.
Deploying Liquidity Book onto Arbitrum, will be a great addition to the vibrant cosystem. Trader Joe will not be deploying the JOE Token, nor the full suite of DeFi products that has been built on Avalanche in this initial phase.
DeFi Kingdoms: Serendale will be relaunching on Klaytn
Klaytn is an enterprise blockchain platform developed by South Korean internet provider Kakao.
DeFi Kingdoms: Serendale will feature a new look for your old favorite NPCs and a map made up of familiar elements with some updated sections designed for this new launch on Klaytn.
Yeti announces new Product Launch: Peg Stability Module (PSM)
The Peg Stability Module or PSM is a smart contract which allows for the permission-less, autonomous swap of YUSD to USDC or USDC to YUSD at a 1 to 1 ratio.
The introduction of the peg stability module creates a new line of defense against downward peg movements. With this release, redemptions will be further mitigated and borrowers can worry less about being redeemed.
Alibaba chooses Avalanche as its first Node as a Service solution
Alibaba Cloud, or Aliyun, a subset of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba, announced an integration with Avalanche blockchain to power the company’s Node-as-a-Service initiatives.
Avalanche’s partnership with Alibaba Cloud will see the development of tools that enable users to launch validator nodes on Avalanche’s public blockchain platform in Asia. The integration will allow Avalanche developers to use Alibaba Cloud’s plug-and-play infrastructure as a service to launch new validators.
Coinbase launched the ability to trade native USDC on Avalanche
Coinbase now fully supports native USD Coin (USDC) on Avalanche, creating the fastest and least expensive way for more than 100M Coinbase users (Source) to go from cash to flagship DeFi apps like Aave, Curve, Trader Joe, BENQI, and more.
Users can now directly on-ramp cash to USDC and vice versa, without needing intermediaries like bridges, mitigating the complexity of both the user and developer experience.
Additional Notable Events
- Step App’s main app is Live
- Core web now features a brand new DeFi portfolio aggregator
- Core Wallet now available on Platypus
- Numbers Protocol Launches Mainnet on Avalanche
- Defrost Finance integrates Trust Wallet
- $FITFI is now listed on Bithumb
- Bitizen Wallet has integrated #KyberSwap Aggregator
- hummingbot announces new dMiner App
- Pangolin integrated Lifi protocol
- DefiLlama integrated price support for all Benqi Finance LP tokens
Follow us to stay updated on everything in the Avalanche ecosystem!