Introducing the AvalancheTipBot: AVAX Tips Now Available on Twitter, Telegram, & Discord
AvalancheTipBot empowers the Avalanche community to recognize, encourage, and reward each other with AVAX.
We’ve been blown away with the engagement, enthusiasm, and contributions from the Avalanche community of users and developers. Simply put, it’s not enough to just have great tech. For Avalanche to seize their potential, they need the support of communities that are equally strong, decentralized, and equipped to surpass the status quo.
Today, we’re excited to launch the AvalancheTipBot, a product of the Avalanche-X accelerator and a vital tool for all of us within the Avalanche community to recognize, encourage, and reward each other for contributing views, ideas, tech tools, and more for our collective benefit.
AvalancheTipBot was built by the excellent team at ablock. They’ve made the bot a seamless addition to Avalanche’s Twitter, Telegram, and Discord communities. Better yet, we’ve worked to open source the AvalancheTipBot code so anyone can run their own and help rewards flow across the Avalanche community.
All it takes to start tipping your friends and fellow community members is about a minute of setup and deposit of AVAX (we all know how fast that is).
People on Telegram and Discord can receive AVAX tips even if they haven’t completed the setup. AvalancheTipBot will automatically generate an Avalanche wallet address for the recipient. When the recipient is ready to withdraw their balance, all they will need to do is complete the setup process. On Twitter, AvalancheTipBot will only send the tip if the recipient has set up the bot. Otherwise, it will wait until the recipient completes setup; if there is a balance present at the time of setup, the tip will be sent.
For more guidance on how to use the AvalancheTipBot, please see the tutorial prepared by ablock. Launch your own AvalancheTipBot by taking a look and forking the GitHub repo. Most importantly, go and use AvalancheTipBot now on Twitter, Telegram, and Discord!
6 Reasons To Tip Someone AVAX
1. Your friend introduced you to a brand new decentralized finance app: whether it’s lending DAI on Aave or trading LINK on Uniswap, there’s nothing like experiencing the “a-ha” moment. Give your friend thanks with AVAX.
2. Reward your most engaged community members for their dedication to supporting your community. From volunteering their time, effort, and resources, there’s no better reward than tipping them AVAX.
3. Like giving free things to random people? Perhaps you’re feeling generous or you just want to pass on the good vibes to someone else. Well, now you can, by sending AVAX to any Telegram user.
4. Just had a big promotion at work and want to give thanks to those that supported you along your journey? Just a small token of appreciation goes a long way. Tip them AVAX.
5. If you have AVAX burning a hole in your pocket, why not spread the love to those that are less fortunate. Besides, you’ve already delegated most of your stake. Why not give away the AVAX dust you have laying around by tipping AVAX.
6. If you just lost a bet with some of your friends in Discord, now’s the time to pay up. Choose the easiest way to reward the winner. Send them AVAX.
ablock is a staking service provider with a focus on community engagement. We build software, tools, and other cool stuff.
Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralized finance applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Developers who build on Avalanche can easily create powerful, reliable, and secure applications and custom blockchain networks with complex rulesets or build on existing private or public subnets.
Introducing the AvalancheTipBot: AVAX Tips Now Available on Twitter, Telegram, & Discord was originally published in Ava Labs on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.